Michelle joined Janney in 2001. She provides comprehensive guidance, and superior service on a wide array of investment and financial matters to individuals, families, retirees, professionals, business enterprises, nonprofits, foundations, trusts, and corporate Retirement Plans (Defined Benefit, ESOP, 401(k), and 403(b)/TSA). Michelle will evaluate your existing portfolio and deliver prudent, objective, personalized investment, and financial planning advice that will assist you in achieving your goals. She offers consolidated management solutions, fee transparency and unparalleled client commitment.
Professional Designations, Licenses, and Recognitions
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor℠ since 2007 and attended the Janney Wealth Management Certification Program in conjunction with The Wharton School and the College for Financial Planning.
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor℠ since 2011 through the College for Financial Planning.
- Retirement Income Specialist designation since 2013 from the Learning & Professional Development Department at Janney.
- Holds Series 7 (General Securities), Series 63 (Model State Securities), Series 65 (Investment Advisor Representative), as well as Life, Accident, Health or Sickness, Variable and Long Term Care Insurance licenses.
- JD Fordham University School of Law, NY, NY in 1985; was admitted to the New York Bar in 1986. Michelle is a licensed member of the New York Bar, but no longer practices law.
- MA Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, NJ in 1982.
- BA Stockton University, Pomona, NJ in 1976.
- Stockton University Trustee and Secretary of the Board, Chair of the Investment Committee, and a member of the Executive, the Advancement and the Finance and Professional Services Committees.
- Former member of the Foundation Board and former Treasurer of the Board and Chair of the Finance and Investment Committee; Co-Creator and Chair of the First Annual Stockton Scholarship Gala, and Founding President of “The Friends” of the Performing Arts Center
- Longtime supporters of Stockton and its students, Michelle and her husband created the Michelle and H. Paxson Keates Endowed Scholarship with an initial amount of $50,000 to create a permanent source of scholarships for students
- Vice-President and Treasurer of the Board of Laurel Memorial Park, Inc., a non-profit cemetery
- Member of the Shore Medical Center Planned Giving Committee
- When employed at the FAA William Hughes Technical Center, EHT, NJ, Michelle obtained her Instrument Flight Rating in a Mooney airplane while participating in a program that reduced the required number of flight hours to obtain an Instrument Flight Rating
We collaborate with other Janney specialists, as needed, who have in-depth experience in specific disciplines. Together, we can assess your unique situation, analyze difference strategies, and develop a plan fit for your unique needs and goals.
Debra S. Roey joined Janney Montgomery Scott LLC in November 2006, as Janney Retirement Plan Services (JRPS) Manager. JRPS was founded in 1982 to provide Janney’s Corporate Retirement Plan Clients with support in plan design analysis, proposal procurement and review, investment fiduciary services, technical expertise, and problem resolution.
Debra has over 30 years of experience in the Retirement Plan arena. Prior to joining Janney, she served as Regional Director with Union Central Life Retirement and Investment Services. During her tenure, she received numerous sales awards including qualification for the company’s highest society membership. She also served on several corporate committees involved with Strategic Planning and Product Development.
Debra earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Rutgers University.
Greg Drahuschak joined Janney in 1991. He has over 45 years of economic experience and provides daily, weekly, and monthly market commentary, with a particular focus on the equity market, to Janney and our clients.
Prior to joining Janney, he worked as a retail broker with—and eventually transitioned into the research departments of—Butcher & Singer and Wheat First Securities. He was also an instructor at Robert Morris College and the University of Pittsburgh.
Greg has written articles for several newspapers and websites, and has been the featured financial professional on many live radio broadcasts.
He earned his B.A. in fine arts from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, as well as certificates from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and from the New York Institute of Finance.
Guy LeBas is Janney’s Chief Fixed Income Strategist, as well as Head of Fixed Income for Janney Capital Management. As Strategist, he is responsible for providing direction to the Firm’s clients on the macroeconomic, interest rate, and bond market investing climate.
Guy authors bond market periodicals, which provide relative value recommendations across the fixed income spectrum. With Janney Capital Management, Guy is responsible for overseeing the Firm’s discretionarily managed bond portfolios, which take a client-tailored approach to generating consistent income across interest rate environments.
Guy joined Janney in 2006. Prior to joining Janney, Guy served as Interest Rate Risk Manager for U.S. Trust’s bank asset and liability portfolios, a role in which he oversaw risk and return on $20 billion of bank assets and derivatives.
Guy is also a frequent guest on CNBC, Bloomberg TV and Fox Business News, as well as a regular speaker at financial industry conferences. He received his education from Swarthmore College, holds an M.S. in Applied Economics from Johns Hopkins University, and is a CFA Charterholder.
Kim Beil serves as Director of the Managed and Insured Solutions Group in Janney Montgomery Scott’s Wealth Management department. In this role, Ms. Beil oversees the daily activities of the Managed and Insured Solutions Group and is responsible for promoting both advisory and insured solutions for the firm.
Ms. Beil is an active member of the Firm, the industry, and is involved in several community organizations. At Janney, she is a member of the Firm’s Women’s Interactive Network (WIN). She is also a founding member for Girls on the Run Philadelphia, a non-profit program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running. Currently, she volunteers with the Neucrue Cancer Foundation.
A graduate of Drexel University, Mrs. Beil holds a B.S. in business administration, and has over 15 years of financial services industry experience at Janney. She is an Accredited Wealth Management Advisor℠ (AWMA®), holds an insurance license, and is a LEADERSHIP Philadelphia Fellow.
In her spare time, Ms. Beil enjoys running and challenging herself in half marathons.
Mark Luschini is the Chief Investment Strategist for Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, leading the Investment Strategy Group. In that capacity Mark is responsible for establishing the Firm’s broad outlook relating to conditions in the capital markets and the economy and to develop investment strategies that align with the best interest, goals, and objectives of individual and institutional clients. He also establishes the Firm’s asset allocation models used for portfolio construction and financial planning.
As Chief Investment Strategist, Mark serves as the Janney's investment spokesperson, offering national market commentary and developing asset allocation models and investment strategies. He chairs the investment committee and actively interfaces with both current and prospective clients.
Additionally, Mark directs Janney Capital Management, the Firm’s discretionary investment management division. Under his leadership, Janney Capital Management has delivered competitive investment results across multiple strategies. The total assets under management has grown to more than $4 billion, with nearly $3 billion in traditional equity and fixed income assets, and over $1 billion in various strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies utilizing exchange-traded solutions and mutual funds. Mark served on the Board of Managers for Janney, and currently serves as a Trustee for the Firm’s Pension & Profit Sharing Plan. He is a member of the Janney Wealth Management Department’s Mutual Fund and Alternative Investment Committees.
In Janney Capital Management, Mark chairs the Investment Committee which sets asset class and sector policy and directly participates in managing the equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies under its advisory. Mark has spent more than 30 years in the investment industry. He utilizes that experience to speak on topics related to macroeconomics and investment management at seminars and conferences.
His comments and written articles have been circulated in numerous publications ranging from the Wall Street Journal and Barron’s to the New York Times, USA Today, Financial Times, and Money magazine. He has appeared in various media outlets including CNBC, Bloomberg Television, Fox Business News, and CNN.
He has a BA and MBA from Gannon University and holds the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation from the Market Technicians Association