Throughout your life, you’ve worked hard to accumulate assets, build wealth and provide for your family. You built a comfortable life full of shared memories and experiences; this is your legacy and your estate.
Protecting your estate and providing for loved ones when you are no longer here requires careful planning. Some questions to consider might include:
- Do you have minor children?
- When was your will reviewed?
- Do you have a living will or healthcare power of attorney?
- Do you have a Power of Attorney for general matters?
- What is your total net worth, including life insurance?
- Do you plan to gift any of your assets to family members or to a charity?
These are just a sampling of the many questions to consider when planning for the transfer of your wealth, assets and estate after you’re gone.
The Power of Professional Advice
With complex and ever-changing tax laws, you need the trusted partnership found in working with us.
Working with our estate planning experts, we can help you to design a personalized, customized plan that can protect and preserve your assets for the people, causes and/or charities in your life who matter most.
Estate planning involves creating a will or trust, maintaining proper insurance, setting up gift-giving guidelines, reducing eventual tax implications and more. The sooner you design and implement your estate plan, the sooner you can be at ease knowing that your loved ones will be provided for as you intend.
How it Works
We, along with our experienced financial planning professionals will tailor a plan to your specific needs that considers these factors and options which may impact the transfer of your wealth:
- Your estate value and potential estate taxes
- Available alternatives to paying federal and state death taxes
- The use of various transfer techniques including life insurance, trusts and gifting
- Comparisons of the benefits and limitations of various planning tools
- Review or guidance in the drafting of your will, trust and other documents to determine if they will accomplish your goals
We will collaborate with your attorneys, accountants, trust officers and any other advisors in your network to ensure that your estate plan is fully prepared and properly managed.