Generating an income from the retirement savings you have accumulated over your lifetime can be a complex task. Managing retirement income is an ongoing exercise in balancing guaranteed income (from Social Security and pensions) and fluctuating income (from stocks, bonds, and other investments), with expenses and spending. Today’s retirees need to know if their retirement balance sheet (cash flow in and out) is working. Budgeting, spending, and investing needs to be monitored and adjusted regularly to help protect your retirement for the long term.
Our Specialized Planning Approach to Retirement Income
We use specialized planning tools such as our Retirement Test Drive, which helps you to visualize your income throughout retirement. It is designed to address the 4 most important questions for those investors approaching retirement:
- What sources of income will I rely upon in retirement?
- Will my income and assets last throughout my lifetime?
- What expenses can I expect?
- What is a sustainable spending level?
We take into consideration your monthly and annual expenses, and provide a projection of future income based on various (good, bad, and moderate) market and economic conditions. You will receive a retirement income analysis containing:
- A retirement budget for current and future expenses.
- Multiple models for retirement spending, using a variety of analysis strategies.
- Investment recommendations.
- A strategy to maximize the longevity of your assets.
- Solutions to help overcome projected shortfalls.
We believe that monitoring your retirement cash flow is critical to making your assets and income last over the long-term. We provide:
- A cash management account to access your investments and other income, and track your spending.
- Reporting on investment performance and cash flow.
- A regularly updated retirement income analysis, which shows if you are remaining on target with your plan.
We can design a diversified portfolio of investments to produce the optimal amount of income and growth needed to reach your retirement goals. Portfolios may include ETFs, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and separately managed accounts. Annuities can also be used to provide an additional source of guaranteed income when needed.
Our investment services include:
- Developing and maintaining your comprehensive investment program.
- Designing and implementing a customized asset allocation based on your goals and risk tolerance.
- Selecting specific investment managers and strategies that best fit your needs.
- Providing ongoing portfolio monitoring and rebalancing.
- Executing trades and other transactions for your account.