Step 1: Establish Your Investment Strategy
The key to a successful investment strategy is establishing and maintaining the appropriate asset allocation including stocks, bonds, cash, and other investments. Your asset allocation is driven by several factors. Your time horizon, the time left until you plan to use your assets, is one critical factor. The other is your personal feeling toward risk, also known as your risk tolerance. There are so many factors that could influence your risk tolerance including: market volatility, sickness, loss of income, job stability, marriage, the birth of a child, divorce, and the loss of a loved one or spouse. A common mistake made by investors is failing to monitor or revisit their asset allocation over time, or after a change in circumstance.
- We will work with you to understand the unique factors in your life that influence your investment strategy.
- We will establish the appropriate asset allocation for your goals.
For many clients a financial plan will be completed in addition to your asset allocation. A plan will provide an in-depth look at your goals and current assets, and recommend more complex investment, income, tax and estate strategies if appropriate.
Step 2: Investment Manager Selection
For many clients we use a managed account solution that offers ongoing professional money management from a team of investment professionals, for an annual fee. Managed accounts allow us to combine our advice, ongoing account monitoring, and top-notch service with the expertise of professional money managers.
Using managed accounts as the foundation of your personalized investment strategy, we will provide:
- Access to experienced investment managers.
- Predictable management fees.
- Rebalancing of your assets and monitoring of your overall investment strategy.
Our Investment Strategy and Wealth Management professionals also provide expert market commentary and research on global investment opportunities. We use this and other expert research to help guide the selection of specific investments and investment managers for client portfolios.
Step 3: Ongoing Monitoring
- We will regularly monitor your investment strategy and make adjustments as needed.
- We will provide regularly scheduled meetings to discuss your progress toward your goals.
- We will update your financial/retirement/income plan as needed.
- You will receive quarterly performance reports to stay informed about your account performance.